Thursday, May 19, 2011

Life and old age care but dreaming of beautiful Wedding Gowns



My head is aching with old age. I have had another visit from age care professionals, so much to say, so much to read, it does my head in. So instead of reading the brochures left last week ready for todays visit I sewed for an hour on my NEW craft- patchwork.



Yesterday I took my mum to a craft group for the purpose of getting her out to socialize. I needed a craft and she had bought me a 'civil war' inspired patch work bundle of fabric 2 1/2 years ago. I am on my way to a patchwork quilt and when I have the camera handy I will attempt to photograph and blog my attempts.



In the meantime, I came across a photo of a wedding dress I made about 30 years ago (that makes me feel old, but clever) Recently as my family and I sat watching Kate Middleton marry Prince William we all commented on how similar Kates dress was to one that I had designed and made for a friend a while back. 30yrs. So I am sharing the photo as I am proud of my efforts.



I hand cut the lace to suit the brides desires, the skirt had 11 metres of Chiffon knife pleated into her tiny waist measurement. It was always one of my favourite gowns and possibly the 4th gown I had sewn.

No comments:

Post a Comment