Sunday, May 29, 2011

Civil War Patchwork Quilt







My family has been and gone, another whirlwind visit and now I miss them.

My patchwork quilt was calling as I need to buy the border fabric on Tuesday, ready for Wednesday. On Thursady night I was invited to my friends quilting group where they sip red wine and nibble cheese and sweet treats. My squares were placed on the floor and then arranged by the group to decide the correct order of assembly and how big a border I need to buy. I dont want to go to this much effort and end up with an expensive knee rug although that is planning ahead for the nursing home ! ' We' decided on a generous double border so that my finished quilt will reach the edges of my queen size bed. So off to the fabric shop on tuesday and I will post the next view.

No comments:

Post a Comment